Looking for a great appetizer with a healthy flair? Look no further than this festive, fruity recipe! You can have the simple, healthy Five Fruit Salsa or kick it up a tasty notch by adding the Cream Cheese Sauce. Your choice!
Five Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Choose Five Fruits to make 5 TOTAL cups of fruit, peeled and cut into small cubes:
- Pineapple (May also use drained, canned pineapple tidbits.)
- Grapes (Cut in half. Can do this quickly between the bottoms of two plates.)
- Kiwi (May also used drained, canned tropical fruit.)
- Peach (May also used drained, canned, cubed peaches.)
- Dried cranberries
- Mango (May also used drained, canned tropical fruit.)
Plus, 4 Tbl sugar
Optional Cream Cheese Sauce:
- 8 oz. package cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips:
- (3 packages) 10 count 6 inch flour tortillas
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- Olive oil or butter cooking spray
Peel and cube five fruits TOTALING 5 cups of fruit.
Shake sugar over fruit and toss together.
Cover and refrigerate.
Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips (or cinnamon graham crackers).
Prep time: 15 minutes Chill Time: 1 hour
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Stack 4 tortillas on cutting board and cut into six wedges with pizza cutter.
Repeat until all tortillas are cut.
Spread in single layer on parchment lined cookie sheets.
Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Turn and spray other side.
Sprinkle with mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until just starting to lightly brown around edges.
Place on rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Repeat until all tortilla wedges have been baked and cooled.
Prep time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 30 -45 minutes
Optional Cream Cheese Sauce
Whip cream cheese until fluffy.
Add brown sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Mix Cream Cheese sauce with fruit mix.
Pour into serving dish.
Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips.
Prep Time: 15 minutes