I found this recipe for Frozen Banana Pops on Pinterest and thought it would be great for anyone with kids at home this summer! Then I made it and decided I really wanted it for myself. I plan on making these for the pool, the lake, the golf course and the river. They are so good and a healthier alternative to ice cream popsicles. Next time I plan on using semi-sweet chocolate and coconut!
Did you know less than 12 cents of every dollar you spend at the grocery store goes to the farmer?
- 3 firm-ripe bananas, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles, coconut, nuts, or any desired topping
- Insert a toothpick into each banana piece. Arrange bananas, toothpick side up, on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in 10 second increments, stirring between each until melted and smooth. Working quickly, dip each banana piece in chocolate, shake off excess, and cover with desired topping. Chocolate should set quickly, but if necessary, freeze or refrigerate pops to harden coating before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a day.