You didn’t think the catfish recipes were over did you? This week Keith “Catfish” Sutton is serving up a Lime Broiled Catfish.
Here’s another delicious, time-saving recipe that makes the most of fresh, American farm-raised catfish fillets. If you don’t have limes available, lemons can be substituted.
- 2 pounds farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 cup melted butter or margarine
- 2 limes
- Lemon-pepper spice
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Pour the hot melted butter in a large bowl, and dip each fish fillet. Transfer the fish to a rectangular pan lined with non-stick aluminum foil. Squeeze one half lime over each piece of fish, and season to taste with lemon-pepper spice.
- Place under a preheated broiler and cook 6 inches from the flame for 3 to 4 minutes or until the thickest part of each fillet flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with chives if desired, and serve immediately while the fish is still piping hot.