I got the idea for this recipe from a pin on Pinterest. It showed how to make sliders in the oven, and I knew I had to make it with my own spin. These Oven Baked Cheeseburger Sliders are super easy and quick to make for a weeknight meal. They’re also really easy for little hands to eat. I like sautéed onions, but if you prefer your sliders with pickles add some of those, too. I also paired my Oven Baked Cheeseburger Sliders with sweet potato fries, but that’s a recipe for another time.
Did you know more than 28,000 farms in Arkansas produce beef cattle?
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package 12-count Kings Hawaiian sweet dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine beef, egg and seasoning. Gently press mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 in pan. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes throughout the meat. Bake for 30 minutes. The meat will shrink away from the sides of the pan and liquid will accumulate around the edges.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions in the olive oil until they begin to become tender and translucent. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the pan of meat from the oven, drain the liquid and top the meat with the cheddar cheese. Return the pan to the oven for about 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for about 5 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares and serve on bun with the onions and other favorite burger toppings.