I can honestly say this is one of the best recipes I’ve made in a long time. This is a recipe coming to you directly from an experiment in my kitchen. You have to try these Pork Loin Medallions with Goat Cheese Butter and a Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar Reduction. It sounds really complicated, but it really wasn’t. In fact, it all came together in about 30 minutes. The tender, grilled pork with flavorful, melting goat cheese butter and sweet, yet tangy, blackberry balsamic vinegar reduction was a combination of flavors made in heaven. I don’t usually like leftovers, but I can’t wait to eat these!
Did you know that Arkansas has more than 14.5 million acres of farmland?
Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar Reduction Ingredients
- ½ cup blackberry jam
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Start making this element first. Combine jam, vinegar and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Boil for at least 5 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency. Remove from heat and set aside. Keep in mind sauce will thicken as it cools.
Goat Cheese Butter Ingredients
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Next, make the Goat Cheese Butter. Whip butter, goat cheese and black pepper until light, fluffy and well combined.
- Set aside in refrigerator to cool.
Pork Loin Ingredients
- 1-1/2 pounds pork loin, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice pork loin into ½ inch medallions. Generously rub each medallion with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium to high heat either on the grill or in a pan for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until an inserted thermometer reaches 140 degrees.
- Serve immediately with dollops of Goat Cheese Butter and a generous drizzle of the Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar Reduction.