In my weekly pinsperation post, I promised to show you what I baked this weekend. Hold on to your hats, this recipe is sure to wow. If you love avocado nearly as much as I do, you’ll be hooked. In fact, if you love avocado, cream cheese, salsa and puff pastry, you’ll be hooked. This recipe is adopted from one of my new favorite blogs Averie Cooks.
How delicious does that look?
It was delicious. Trust me.
Did you know cotton can absorb 27 times its own weight of water! That’s why many of our towels are made from cotton.
- 1 large sheet puffed pastry, thawed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/3 cup medium salsa
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prepare one large baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Thaw one large square of puffed pastry for around 10 minutes. Flour working space and roll pastry out thinly. Slice into 2 inch squares. I created 16 squares.
- On half of the squares place a dollop of avocado, cream cheese and salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the remaining squares and seal edges with a fork.
- Take beaten egg and apply egg wash to each of the pastry packages. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired brownness and puffiness has occurred. Watch them closely during baking.